Earlier this year, Headquarters Marine Corps determined that all Marines would roll their sleeves. I thought this would be a great thing, especially in Okinawa in the summer. What I did not realize was that "rolling sleeves" was not the same thing as me rolling up my sleeves. There is a technique, and the final product is an art. While everyone has their own technique, the outcome must look the same for everyone - uniformity! Ryan's technique is all his own.
Buddy likes to help with the sleeves, but Ryan says this is not help.
So, that's a peek at our morning. Lately, the tides have been low around the same time my workday ends. I told Ryan that I'd like to stop by my favorite birding spot, Hiyagon, on my way home to get in an hour or so of birding. Ryan, the always supportive husband he is, said, "Go and enjoy!" The weekends are a time for birding, but I've come to the slow realization that we have less than a year left in Okinasa, and there are still many birds I've not seen. Now that I have a fabulous scope, it's time for me to use it and, in the words of my advisor, "Find the birds!"
After work, some good looks and ok photos of a Eurasian Curlew. These guys have the best bills, and I am always happy to find them. Still waiting for the day when they'll allow me to get close for a good photo with my camera. In the meantime, a few digiscoped shots will have to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment