This should be the last change of command for the year, and the last to directly involve Ryan. I'm learning that "Needs of the Navy" is a fantastic catch-all phrase to explain personnel shifts up, down or sideways, and is the military equivalent of the parental, "Because I said so." In these situations, one of the best things to remember is that when one door closes, a window opens.
That said, the Change of Command for H&S Company of 3rd Med Battalion today could not have asked for more cooperative weather: blue skies, fluffy clouds, and a breeze to keep things relatively cool. The temperatures have increased as of late, and the Okinawa summer is starting to feel the way and Okinawa summer should: hot and humid. Perhaps this day is a sign of only good things to come. In retrospect, and darn that 20/20 hindsight, it would seem that the weather was a prognosticator of tempestuous seas.
Ryan and Andrew, the in-coming Company Commander, kept their promise to keep their words short and sweet. Ryan prefers to think of general ideas before moments of public speaking, and then delivers when it's showtime. He may not choose to acknowledge this, but I think more people would agree on this point than not.
Once the ceremony was over, there were hand shakes and congratulations everywhere. Andrew will make a fantastic Company Commander, and the S4 shop will excel with Ryan at the helm. Can I use Navy terminology when talking about a Marine battalion? Whatevs.
No comments:
Post a Comment