23 June 2013

Super Moon in Okinawa

This weekend, our Facebook pages absolutely blew up with pictures of the Super Moon.  We had one here in Okinawa, too, and it was pretty super. Truth be told, we have had a few moons that took our breath away, maybe because we are on an island and close(r) to the equator?  My most memorable moon was our Memorial Day weekend in Zamami.  The moon was amazing each evening, but its effect on the low tides and the subsequent miles of tidepools are what I enjoyed.  The locals told us that moons like that bring everyone out the next day to look for top shells, octopus, surf clams, and probably lots of other things that we don't know how to say.

At any rate, here is our capture of the Super Moon in Okinawa:










2 comments:

  1. Great shots! I have the worst time trying to capture the moon with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Randi! None of the pictures in which I tried zooming in on the moon came out, so I guess I have some work to do as well.

    ReplyDelete