01 December 2012

Churaumi Vending

When we finished with our visit to the aquarium, we thought a little something to whet our whistles for the ride home was appropriate.  We had purchased some little dessert-like wafers in the gift shop as a little snack, which almost demands a beverage.  Actually, we weren't sure what we'd bought, but they were delicious little cookie/wafers!

Fortunately, we found some vending machines on our way back to the parking garage.  There were three in a row, and we weren't the only ones taking advantage.  We looked at our options, hoping the pictures would tell us something, and made our choices.

Ryan:

His take: 

Punchy cream soda, or maybe just heavy on the soda. Im not a big cola drinker anyway, but this appealed to me over the 'Parara Sweat' so i ran with it. Not bad flavor all in all, but certainly not as smooth as some of the cream sodas we have in the states. Perhaps the best way to sum this up would be to compare it to a well drink; the flavors are all there but its pretty rough around the edges! I doubt Ill be choosing this selection again in the near future.


















Erin:


Her take:
I chose a box drink that I hoped was strawberry-flavored milk.  It's terribly sweet and horrible for me, I know, but I enjoy it and it makes me happy.  Thankfully, my intuition was spot-on and the strawberry milk goodness is as good in Okinawa as it is in the states!  Not that it will replace my Horizon strawberry milk, but I would choose it again and recommend it to a friend.  It is served cold, which is a "must" for this particular beverage.  In short, pink and images of strawberries appear to be the universal symbol for synthetic strawberry flavoring.


No comments:

Post a Comment