31 May 2013

CO Farewell

On this last evening in May, we and other collages from the 3rd Medical Battalion met at Sam's By The Sea, a local Hawaiian-themed restaurant known for its surf and turf, to bid adieu to the Commanding Officer.  Ryan calls him "Sir," and I call him Joe T.

We really were saying good-bye to the entire family.  I've become fast friends with Isabel, and I think most of the wives would agree that gatherings and outings will never be the same without her.  She offers a wealth of knowledge about all things Okinawan, has a knack for perfection in crafts, foods, and good things in life, AND is a person to be treasured.

OK, that's enough cheese, but it is safe to say that I will miss this family.

Ryan and one of his fellow officers toiled away in the wood shop to make an amazing going-away present and memento of Okinawa, military exercises, and spear-fishing.  The wood came from Thailand, the assembly all in Okinawa, and the inspiration from the man himself.

Farewell and good luck, Joe T. and family!  You will be (already are) missed.


1 comment:

  1. I wish I got to work with collages...they are so pretty and rarely have a mean thing to say. I am, however, generally annoyed by many of my colleagues.

    ReplyDelete