13 May 2013

Change of Command

Ryan became Commander of H&S Company today.  As he says it, "More responsibilities for the same pay."  There was a short and sweet transfer of power, and the weather cooperated by halting the rain for ~15 minutes.  We celebrated with coffee and donuts.  I am proud of him.

I'm not sure what all was going on, so I'll give you the play-by-play as a civilian sees it!  This guy with the flag, or the "guidon" for H&S Company, stood this way for a very long time while other people were getting situated.  

Andrew, who is Ryan's second-in-command at H&S now, called everyone to attention.  He has a good voice for giving out orders over a large area.


The guidon was transfered from the keeper to Sam, out-going Commander of H&S Company, who then passed it to Ryan, Sam's successor.

Afterwards, the CO of 3rd Med Battalion said I could get closer and take some more pictures.



3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Congratulations, Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Lieutenant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, congratulations!!!!
    We trust the pair of you are doing well.
    ox Mel

    ReplyDelete