I wanted to spend our last morning birding and enjoying the gardens of Kinabalu Mt. Lodge. However, the weather had a different plan for us. January is the rainy season, but I'm not sure either of us realized this when we booked our trip. The rain did not subside until well after breakfast, at which point we walked back to the park to hire a taxi for our trip to our next stop. I did see plenty of birds from the porch at the hostel, but the clouds and rain made good photographs a near impossibility. There were several Ashy Drongos sallying about, foraging, and singing while perched.
We said good-bye and headed for our next stop: Langkah Syabas Resort! I'd broken our trip up so that we alternated time near the water with time in the mountains. That way, we could have some snorkeling time and take a break to see some forest birds, and then back again. Our accommodations at the resort were what one might expect: manicured lawn, lovely pool, and all clean, crisp lines of a hotel.
The patio looked out onto one of the pools, and the palm trees were right out of a postcard.
Although we appreciated the private bathroom with a shower separated from the toilet - not the case at the mountain hostel - we missed the wonder of the mountains. This being January, the rain followed us to the resort, and so we were reminded we were still in Borneo and there were still adventures to be had.
No comments:
Post a Comment