19 February 2013

Tuesday stuff

Tuesday wins the prize for the most variety in a day.  I woke up before the sun and was treated to this:


While tidying the house, I noticed a particularly inquisitive pair of Oriental Turtle Doves walking on our rōka, which is the narrow, wooden walkway that circles the bottom floor of our house.  Their song is not nearly as pleasant sounding as the Mourning Doves of the US, but as they are one of the few bird that I see regularly in our yard, I have a bit of a soft spot for them.


In the evening, I prepared myself a healthy and pretty meal of brown rice, okinawan potatoes, acorn squash, and brussels sprouts.  The color of the plate was a random one, as we have nearly all shades of fiesta-ware.  I think they are a happy-looking set of dishes!  Along with dinner, an Alaska white beer and "The Big Year," which is the only movie I have on my Kindle Fire.  


Afterwards, I relaxed with a trip to the ER after slicing my fingertip such that it resembled a finger "lid" more than an attached tip.  I will not share a photo of that, because I can't stand to look at it myself.  Some quality time with corpsmen, a few stitches, lots of dermabond, and some prescription motrin later, I found myself at McDonald's with my ambulance driver, June, for a 1:30am quarter pounder with cheese, no onions.  Those roasted vegetables were pretty, but hardly filling.

3 comments:

  1. At least it was a good start to the day. Sorry to hear that it ended badly. I trust you are healing nicely and taking extra good care of yourself. I need to send you a proper email, I trust everything went well with the trip back to Florida?! Looking forward to catching up soon. Thinking of you. ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The potato wound is healing nicely! Stitches come out today, but it IS awfully tender. I managed to bang it against the trunk of my car yesterday. It let me know that it was soft and still needed some TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you like the moive? Glad to know a quarter pounder can still make your night a bit better!

    ReplyDelete