We were invited to join a fishing charter to take advantage of the Mahi Mahi migration. We love to eat us some Mahi Mahi, and we like fishing, so this was an invitation that Ryan could have accepted without asking me first. He did ask me first, because he is a great husband, but I could not text "YES!" quickly enough.
Once we found the where the mahi were, the fishing could not have been easier. For moment, I questioned whether or not I really needed to put any bait on the hook. You could see them coursing through the water, coming close to the surface and then darting down, THOUSANDS of them. They are truly beautiful fish. I caught my first while trolling, and after a good 10-minute struggle, it was mine.
The largest mahi of the day was caught by our youngest charter member:
Really amazing day! Fishing for mahi was probably the most exciting fishing charter I've been on, but it was also one of the worst charters in which I've participated. The fishing was fantastic, but the passengers had a more than a little disdain for our captain. We thought we were in for a day of trolling while moving, but a good amount of drift fishing where we could catch to our hearts' content. Our captain only wanted one line in the water at a time, mainly because it was difficult to get the hooks out of the mouths of the mahi once they were on the boat. If we did not follow the one-line-at-a-time rule, we were scolded in true kindergarten fashion. My goodness, what an experience.
With this take, it was all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment