10 September 2013

A new lens

Happy anniversary to us!  One year, and all's well.  We made it.  The hard part is over, and we still like each other.  Anything sincere or silly you could say to a couple about their first year of marriage would apply totally and completely to us.  It has been a great year, and we are looking forward to many more.

Truthfully, we have been married a year, but have yet to live in the same space with each other for a year - that milestone is in November.  Who's counting?!

This is also a big month: we both have birthdays in addition to our anniversary.  We figure this was pure genius on our parts.  Even if we forget WHAT we're celebrating, we know that September is a good month for a surprise or a gift or a nice dinner.

Ryan surprised me with a new and BIG lens for my camera.  Oh, happy day!  How I wish I'd had this in Aguni for all those fantastic birds that did NOT end up on the blog or other unnamed social media site.  Now I have plenty of time to practice with this lens before returning to Aguni or venturing to another part of the world with more life species.  

I thought we'd agreed no presents, because we both want to maximize on travel?  Turns out, I am the lesser half of this couple for this anniversary.  I take comfort in the fact that I will have PLENTY more in which to one-up my dearest husband.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and happy birthday wishes to both of you. Now I have to ask about the date for this post, is it intended to be September 2013? Wishing you both many more years together, full of love, laughter and health. Take care of each other. Love, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sept 2013 is accurate for the content of the post, but not necessarily when it was written! I have what you might call a "back-log" of things. My scientific mind would like things to be in chronological order of occurrence and not necessarily when I get around to it. Perhaps it is no surprise that one of my (many) resolutions for 2014 is to be more current with our blog?

    ReplyDelete